Tuesday, January 25

People I know - #2.

So a long, long time ago I started this supposed 'series' during which I would describe the people in my life. The idea was that I would give a description and not a name [though my first and only attempt I gave away], maybe once a week or fortnight, of someone who means something to me. Anyway this is my second [third, technically, though I kept my last one set to private for fear of repercussions from the person in question] attempt.


Person #2

Person 2 makes me want to get a dog. I'm not really sure I can explain the reasoning behind it, but I always come away from our conversations wishing I had a puppy. Riddle me THAT.

Person 2 is an old soul. Someone who -- I imagine -- would have made a fantastic Knight of Solamnia.
He is the kind of person who will readily lend a jacket, open a door, or forfeit his seat to a lady in his company.
He is someone I share many an interest with. From tastes in books, to movies, food, ways to spend an evening, the list goes on and on.

He is someone who is very determined, often to the point of being stubborn -- but I did mention that we were quite alike, so that makes a lot of sense, really.
He possesses an incredible strength of will that I am utterly in awe of.
Person 2 - in many ways - reminds me of a mother grizzly bear. He is fiercely protective of those he loves, to the point of being scary from an outsiders point of view. He will fight to the death in order to preserve those who mean the most to him. Also, he's cranky when he first wakes up, and he's built for bear-hugs!

Person 2 is your typical newspaper 'love connection' cliche. While he is not - strictly speaking - an outdoorsman, he enjoys romantic walks by the beach, picnics in the park, wandering hand-in-hand at sunset with no particular destination in mind.
He believes in marriage, happily-ever-afters.
I honestly think that people who don't know him quite so well as I wouldn't see that. He's a private person when it comes to matters of the heart -- or at least that is my understanding of him.
He believes in honour and above all, respect.

I'll never forget Person 2 trying to give me tech support. I can't even remember what was broken at the time, all I remember is that he knew what he was saying, and I knew what I was saying, but somehow the two never met. It makes me grin, every time.
Person 2 is someone I've known a long time, and someone who I immensely disliked at the beginning of our relationship. It's strange, really, how fine the line between friends and enemies can be.

xx. A.

No comments: