Monday, January 10

Rain, rain, go away..

So it's raining here. And when I say it's raining, I mean, it's raining. For the first few days it was annoying -- Queensland is so warm that even when it rains it tends to be incredibly humid.. the rain hits the roads, sizzles and rises back up.. It's so weird, having the sky falling around you and still being SO HOT you don't want to wear a jacket or any clothes that aren't absolutely necessary.

After about half a week it started to cool down though and for a little while I was enjoying it. The cool weather was a nice change from constantly feeling as though at any minute you might topple over and die from heat exhaustion. I also lovelovelove the sound of rain outside my window while I'm falling asleep, so I had a few nights of fantastic sleep there.

Now though, it's getting a little out of hand. My cold has come back and -- in true My Life fashion -- my dryer has chosen this fantastic time to die. Normally it'd be fine, since it's so warm clothes would dry within minutes of being put out.. but it's so cold and oddly humid at the same time that clothes are literally starting to smell before they dry. It's so frustrating! Ah the trials and tribulations of My Life. haha.

Back to work tomorrow and I'm excited! Last week was surprisingly not-too-painful. I mean, I was exhausted but I had expected that so it was easy to work around [energy drinks rock]. I had expected it to be awkward inserting myself back into worklife after so long of not working/being unreliable, but I guess I picked the right time to come back since everyone was returning from holidays, so I'm only as awkward as the people around me.. and that's nice.

I have a checkup on the 17th which is a week from today. I'm both nervous and excited. I kept saying the Cancer didn't define me.. but after 4 months, it really did become my life. I'm sitting here trying to think of something to write about and I've just got nothing. I spend my days reading and watching TV and just recovering from the hell my body just went through, so I'm really not too interesting at all.

I've almost finished up with another "People I know" post but it's sensitive so I want it to be 'right' before I post it. I know I said last week, but it should be up this week, for realsies. A couple of people have mentioned they'd like me to post more and I am trying, but remember I have a twitter and I tend to post there 43294892308423 times a day, if you're missing me. =]

Anyway it's 12:34am.. I need to be awake in 6 hours to go pwn it up at the D of TMR! I can't wait! Night world!

xx. A.

No comments: