Monday, December 20

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.. ?

It's been a bit over a week since I last blogged and I wish I could say it's because I've been off exploring the world, enjoying my days of non-radiation, going to the beach and just having fun.. but honestly, I've been sleeping. I'm so exhausted and I just have no energy to do anything.. I stumble from bed to my desk or the bathroom and I'm already SPENT. It's incredible. I'm working tomorrow so we'll see how that goes, but honestly even with the money in mind I am not looking forward to it at all.

I really did think once I stopped having treatments and it was over, everything would just go back to normal and life would officially be easy again.. how wrong I was. haha! I had a check out today and my doctor said I could expect this to span anywhere between 6 and 12 months and to aim for atleast TWELVE hours of sleep a day.. yeesh.

I'm not complaining though, I know my body is in recovery mode and I'm both grateful and awed that I made it to this point. So, I'll be patient for as long as I can, but Santa if you're out there I'd really love to be healthy for Christmas! Either that, or a MacBook Pro! You know, whatever's easier.

Speaking of Christmas people are finally starting to receive my cards, so if you haven't received yours yet be on the look out over the next few days! I was starting to worry because I sent them out well over 2 weeks ago now, and even with the silly season going on that's just ridiculous.

I'm going to aim to do another Project: Writers [Un]Block post this week, as I'm finally starting to feel the creative juices flowing again now that I'm not getting zapped again on a daily basis, and I've been writing a "people I know" post too which should go up in the next day or two!

Anyway I'm going to cut this short because I really don't have much to say, just wanted to let you all know I'm alive and kicking [more or less].

xx. A.

No comments: