Saturday, December 25

Whinging.

So it's 3:25am and I'm sitting at my computer watching House, pretending it isn't Christmas.

I'm trying to be upbeat because tomorrow I have to go face a bunch of people who are happy about the day it is, but honestly I'd just prefer to skip the day entirely and go right on to getting up at 4am the NEXT day so I can spend 4 hours travelling and see my family.

It's horrible because I know they're trying to hard to make it a nice day, but it really just isn't the same and being around a bunch of people who are happy and trying to pretend to be happy as well is just going to make it 10x as bad, I can already tell.

I know I should be thankful because these people don't need to include me in their festivities, and I appreciate the thought. I guess just being away from my brothers in particular the last few Christmases has really gotten to me.. Boxing day can't come soon enough. =]

xx. A.

No comments: