Friday, December 3

Really Freaking Awesome Stuff™ - Part 2.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! ... And while I'm going to be having a broke-ass one, I also lived to see it -- so I'm fairly excited about it. I've been making Christmas cards and listening to terrible Christmas albums, and even I'm putting up my tree today! All in all, I'm feeling very full of the holiday spirit [which is hilarious because not ONE week ago I was a huge grinch].

I feel like it's the perfect time for me to do another Really Freaking Awesome Stuff™ post because people are looking for stuff to get for family, or to ask family for! And also I love window shopping, so there is that. Most of the items on this list are inspired by or from Shanalogic -- basically the most adorable store ever. Anyway, lets get to it!

The first thing I found I think would be more suited to the winter months or someone who doesn't live in Freaking Hot Queensland but it's adorable all the same and definitely merits a mention. It's the Dead Kitty Sleep Mask, by Le Neko Noir - omg Squee so cute!


I can just imagine crawling into bed in some cuddly flannell PJs, pulling this baby down over your eyes and falling immediately to sleep. Does that make me super morbid? It just feels like Nightmare Before Christmas crossed with Hello Kitty and these are both things I'm obsessed with, so naturally I'm in love.

The next one really speaks to childhood-me and brings back memories of spending hours on the floor building spaceships and castles and god knows what else [and also memories of stepping on pieces in the middle of the night -- oh my god OW!]. It's the adorable Retro Block Heart Necklace, by SapphireSquares. It comes in red or black but I definitely think the red is way cuter. I also really like that it's on a silver chain -- anyone who has known me for long enough to buy me jewellery will tell you that I think gold looks tacky.. so yah.. Adorable!


Speaking of things that really speak to childhood-me, I think this Happy Rain Cloud Pocket Mirror would be fantastic for any teenage girl relatives [hey I'm 25 and I'd definitely keep it in my bag for makeup touchups and whatnot] you might have, it's so cute and at only $6USD incredibly affordable. This is from the default Shana Logic line.


Another thing I think would be suited to people who don't live in OhMyGodHowIsItSoFreakingHot Queensland but deserves to be here anyway are these adorable Pink Stripey Armwarmers by MTcoffinz. They come in a load of different colours I just prefer the pink ones. I'm a big believer in wearing layers during winter and this would add a perfect little pop of colour to even the dullest wardrobe.


Slightly more expensive and definitely not along the same line, I've been eyeing off the Apple iPad recently. I have an iPhone so some of the services it can offer are fairly redundant, but I still think it would make a perfect gift for almost anyone. The idea of an 'electronic book' has always been an appealing one to me and unfortunately the iPhone screen is simply too small to perform that task effectively, and given that you can get a freaking PIMPED OUT one [64gb with case, keyboard and dock, and insurance] for less than $1000AUD I think it's fantastic value. Also, it's just so pretty. @_@


For myself I think I'd probably prefer just to save for a little bit longer and get the 15" MacBook Pro but I don't think the iPad should be dismissed altogether as a cheaper alternative that can perform most of the same tasks [gaming aside].

I could do this all day, random online windowshopping, but I'm off to the hospital! Today marks the 1-week-until-I-finish-Radiation point so I'm actually really excited to go and get it over with. Happy Christmas shopping to you all and don't forget, if you'd like a Christmas Card from yours truly just leave a comment with your home address [comments are screened so nobody else will see this]. Yay!

xx. A.

No comments: