Sunday, March 20

Brain goo at 1am.

I've started writing for my blog about 5 times in the last two weeks but I always get caught up in the first 2 paragraphs or so. Something wont flow properly, or will sound stupid, or I'll sit here worrying about what someone will think about me if they read it, so I'll just backspace the whole thing. Tsk! Gone are the days of old where I'd sit in a darkened room, sipping a cruiser and listening to music from Final Fantasy, spewing my mindless opinions out to the world and expecting it to react as though I'd handed over gold.

Anyway, it's late/early. I made the mistake of drinking a Coke Zero at about 8pm with dinner. I didn't realise it was as late as it was, and now I'm AWAKE. It's hilarious how much caffeine effects me, sometimes I wish I didn't absolutely abhor the smell of coffee so that I could actually attempt to drink it and see how wired I got. haha! 

I'm listening to Vanessa Carlton at the moment. I've been going through this 'older music' phase - and when I say older, I mean 5-10 years ago older, not "The Beatles" older. I apologise if I've disappointed anyone out there. I feel as though music played a huge part in shaping who I am today, and as I go through my collection I'm shocked to find artists who I absolutely loved and felt as though they were writing from my very SOUL when I heard their songs.. who I've not listened to for years.

I've been drafting an entry for a few weeks now - music/artists that have influenced my life.. I think I'll put a real effort in to finishing that tomorrow night. 

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going out for lunch and shopping with Karlee. I'm quite excited cause we haven't hung out in ages and we've got soooo much to catch up on. She's about to close a deal on her first HOUSE at the moment, and god knows what other exciting stuff that I've missed cause I fail at being social. 

Speaking of being social, I've been REALLY in the mood to go dancing lately. I've been listening to "Born This Way" almost on repeat for the last week and it really pumps me up. I think I've got more than 100 plays on itunes and that's after only acquiring it last Sunday.. insane. But yeah, I think a clubbing night is somewhere in the near future cause I need somewhere to wear one of my nice dresses and also somewhere to just let go and get some RELEASE.

I feel like I have a constant tension headache these days, cause my life is so up in the air. I'm staying in a friends spare room and my current job is a temporary deal.. Arrrggh! I need a massage! 

Anyway, after this nice little spew of stream of consciousness, I think I'm going to go and attempt to force myself to sleep. . seeing as I need to wake up in 7 hours. Goodnight Moon.

xx. A.

No comments: