Sunday, March 13

Captains Log, Stardate 43198.7.

I'm really not sure where to start today, it's been a while since I've actually done a journal-format blog and it seems it is incredibly easy to fall out of practice! 

Life has been such a rollercoaster the last few weeks I really don't know where to start. It's incredible.

- I started sleeping REALLY badly.. I'd hear a bump in the night and that was it, no more sleep for me. I was averaging around 2 hours sleep a night. It was rough.
- My job contract was coming to a close.
- I'd applied for another job in the same building which I thought I had a fairly good chance of getting but was passed over for it.
- Money was tight, I didn't get paid one week because of a fail at paperwork.

... just a culmination of all those things AND more meant I was slowly getting more and more depressed. But suddenly it was as though I hit an upswing and BAM! -

- The job I'd applied for became available again and was I was picked!
- I went to dogsit at a friends house and suddenly I could sleep again, convincing myself that it was the dogs who made any weird noises I heard.
- I lost 5kgs since the start of this month!
- Karen and Neil got back [yay!] and brought me an AWESOME Captains hat from on their cruise ship. It is 12:15am and I have still yet to take it off. Best. Hat. Ever.
- Pokemon Black and White came out finally! Aaaah I'm such a geek.

.. Anyway I realise that's not actually a lot of good things but honestly just the job thing has made me feel as though this immense weight has been lifted from my shoulders. It's a fairly short contract - only two months-ish - but there's a chance of extension and it's a learning experience so it will make my resume look much more attractive. On top of that, it means I can stay in Brisbane!! I had almost resigned myself to the fact I'd be returning to Sydney with my tail between my legs in the near future, and while I would dearly love to spend some time with James, I really wanted to make this work.

So yeah.. life is good right now. There's still lots of stress and uncertainty, but I can say at the very least, this has been a good week and I am sleeping so much more soundly for it.

I can't be bothered typing anymore cause I kinda wanna go sleep [seeing as I can do it now!] so here's a photo montage of the last few weeks! Not even a little bit in order cause I cbf.. 












xx. A

No comments: