Sunday, October 24

The Pail List.

I went to lunch today with my gorgeous ladies Karlee and Vicki and it was so fantastic. I hadn't realised how much I missed going outside and just having fun and being social. It's funny because most days I absolutely dread the idea of going outside as it means I'm about to go sit in a hospital for X amount of hours and be bored out of my mind and then come home feeling like a zombie and possibly get hit by a bus in my radiation induced haze [note: this hasn't happened yet but I feel like it might! haha!].

It really wasn't anything special, Karlee and I drove around for about 30 minutes trying to find parking, we ate at a midrange chinese restaurant, we laughed and we talked and it was just .. so.. great. I felt normal like I haven't felt in months. Nobody was tiptoe'ing around me being sick, we talked about normal stuff like how much we hate nazi bosses and boys and slutty friends and just.. stuff! I am in such a great mood. =]

 I've decided I'm going to write a little "To-do" list of stuff I want to do once I'm better, or maybe even attempt before I get better [I already have one or two things in mind]. There are a few bigger items that obviously will take years maybe to accomplish, but some of them are fairly simple and I'm sure some people will find fairly amusing or stupid, but damnit, this is my party/list and I'll cry/be lame if I want to! Anyway, without further ado.

The Pail List  [the bucket list is so overused]

1. Go on a SuperAwesome Roadtrip™ & be a total RadioNazi™ & demand other roadtrippers only listen to the carefully prepared & structured SuperAwesome Roadtrip™ playlist I have designed.
2. Bribie Island for a day of photography and cocktails [optional] and fun!
3. Honest to God clubbing. I've lived in Brisbane for nearly 11 months now and I have not hit an actual 'club' in the City yet. This is abysmal and must be rectified, ASAP.
4. SushiTrain with Karen! We've only been talking about it for like a billion weeks.
5. Complete NaNoWriMo.
6. Finish reading my Sara Douglass books. Poor Sara, she must think I hate her.
7. Learn to play Guitar. My poor little baby has been sitting in the back of the closet for far too long!
8. Buy a stock.. or some stocks. How does that even work? I want to find out!
9. Go whale or dolphin watching! I went dolphin watching when I was super young and it was soooo amazing, I want to go on one of those ones where they have the net off the back of the boat and you can reach out and touch them.
10. Buy a house. Not an apartment, as I'd previously assumed I'd settle into one day [outside and I have an agreement - I don't bother it and it doesn't bother me.. and apartments come without yards so this always seemed ideal]. I think a house is more likely to eventually feel like a home, though. And I really want a home.

Hmm.. Only 10 items so far, but I'll continue to add to it as I think on it. A few of them are completely accomplishable while I'm sick so Karen I'll be hitting you up for a trip to SushiTrain ASAP and Karlee you and I are on the road again [I can't wait to get on the road again!]. Honestly, I just feel so much better even thinking about doing things. I am so sick to death of being a goddamned indoor kitty! haha.

xx. A.

No comments: