Thursday, October 14

Really Freaking Awesome Stuff™

The majority of people who have the address to this blog would be surprised to know that I love to shop [unless they read my last post I guess.. where I.. said it]. And when I say love to shop I mean lovelovefuckinglove to shop. I'm not sure why but in a stereotypically girly fashion I get this really nice buzz from finding something that is different, or perfect, or even just a little bit cool. Something I've found recently - since I've been sick and not working much - is that while 'window shopping' isn't even remotely as satisfactory it still gives me a little bit of the tingles.

So yeah.. I thought in this post I'd detail some of the awesome stuff I've found over the last few days/weeks that I plan on making mine when I'm working again!

I tend to spend a lot of time watching makeup tutorials and then re-enacting them on myself [90% of the time this will happen at like 1am when I can't sleep so generally I'll do the 'look', be happy with myself for being able to do it, and then remove it immediately so I can go to bed - haha!] so it really should come as no shock that I am utterly and completely addicted to makeup and the tools needed to apply it.

The first few items on my list of Really Freaking Awesome Stuff are from M·A·C's newest limited edition line - Venomous Villains which is a collaboration with Disney [I know!! I know!! It's like they made this line specifically for me] starring and inspired by 4 of the Villains from various Disney flicks. Item number one is from the Evil Queen [of Snow White] part of the line - the Beauty Powder in Oh So Fair and is kind of a pale-ish pink with a gold sheen to it-- it's just gorgeous really.


The second is from the Maleficent [Sleeping Beauty] portion of the line and it's the Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in My Dark Magic which was pretty much made for me, I'm convinced. It's a marbled pink with pink pearling combined with a stunning plum-y colour with a similar purple pearl. The line is sold out almost everywhere so I'm almost tempted to pick this up sooner rather than later [who needs to pay rent! psh!] to avoid missing out -- it really is soooo me.



As much as I love and spend hours and hours browsing the M·A·C website however, that's all I have from there to share with you. The next item is from Urban Decay and I'm honestly kind of shocked I've gone this long without picking it up -- it has a fantastic name, gorgeous packaging and on top of that it's almost a staple to most makeup collections. Anyway, it's the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden which is basically just an eyeshadow base that dries to a very matte finish and is perfect for people like me who have really oily skin [and did I mention the packaging is so cute]!


Also from Urban Decay and also sold out [damn it!!] I am dreaming about the Naked Palette which came out in August I believe and has been sold out ever since. It's a really fantastic palette made up of nudes, neutrals and earth tones in both matte and shimmer which makes it perfect for someone of my olive skin tone and [when I'm going, anyway] line of work since you can put together some really nice, everyday looks with it.


I guess at some point I have to stop talking about makeup so we'll move on to another passion of mine, Video Games! A new Harvest Moon for DS [titled Grand Bazaar] has recently been released and it looks fantastic! I'm seriously so excited about playing this game that I have actually considered just getting a ROM and playing it on my computer but I ended up deciding that I'd enjoy it that much better if I could curl up in bed and play it at my leisure.


The next thing isn't exactly a Video Game per se but it's definitely related/inspired. Everyone who is anyone knows that I am soooo addicted to World of Warcraft that it isn't even a joke anymore and I found this shirt on J!NX that makes me smile so much!

 
Little Peddlefeet! I was so excited when I got the little arrow to 'tame' him as a companion forever, and then Blizz had to go and ruin it by making it easy for everyone to get him the following year. Anyway, moving on from the NerdRage... although staying in the NerdKingdom. Harry Potter! When I moved away from home I left my Harry Potters behind and I've decided that it's time to replace them -- but I am an adult now, so I definitely need the Adult Box Set from Dymocks. It's pricey but it's soooo pretty so it's definitely worth it.


Anyway that about concludes my tour of  Really Freaking Awesome Stuff for tonight [I've got heaps more but it's 3:30am so I guess I'll try to sleep], tune in next week for more Really Freaking Awesome Stuff you never knew you needed! Same bat time, same bat channel, kids!

xx. A.

No comments: